Regulation of water sports and boat rental in Loctudy
Different rules govern the nautical activities and the boat rental for the good progress of the activity.
In dry lease, the licensee is responsible for his actions and not the lessor (speed within 300 m in the port).
Rules for use:
- VNM limited to 6000 of the coasts.
- Do not sail beyond 500 m from the coast.
- The number of MNVs is 4 per instructor.
- The bathing area is forbidden
- The jets must have the CE marking
- Prohibition of night navigation (between sunset and sunrise)
- Compliance with international regulations to prevent collisions at sea
- Possess behavior towards other boaters
- The practice of towed water sports is done exclusively during the day.
- It must be practiced beyond the 300 m coastal strip and within 2 miles of a shelter.
- The towing vessel must display a 2-meter orange fluorescent flame placed at a sufficient height to ensure its visibility
- All towed persons must wear brightly colored floating life jackets. A minimum of one 50 Newton vest.
- Like the vests, the trailer(rope) must be brightly colored and buoyant.
- The towed device or buoy must be brightly colored and easily identifiable. The tug must have a quick release system for the trailer.
- The towing vessel must be able to take on board all the towed persons, in addition to its crew, and have adequate access (swim ladder to get back on board).
- A minimum of two people must be on board the towboat. One must be dedicated to driving the vessel and the other to monitoring the towed persons and to any emergency maneuvers (he/she must always look back to warn the pilot). The latter person must be of age to obtain a motorboat driver's license (16 years old minimum).
- A holder of a State Water Ski Instructor Certificate may operate the towing vessel and supervise the towed equipment alone, provided that the towing vessel is equipped with a mirror and has a circuit breaker.